Warehouse and Fulfilment Operative Extraordinaire
The Worm That Turned aims to ‘revitalise your outdoor space’ with our unique mix of very high quality home and garden merchandise including furniture, lighting, decor and gifts.
We’ve been ‘multi-channel’ retailing (shop, online, phone, mail order) for over a decade now and we’re still growing. We are always interested in hearing from people who would like to to join our award-winning team and help us to fulfill our exciting plans for the future. We sell to a mixture of consumers and businesses throughout the world and operate a warehouse in central Nottingham, close to our retail store.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter who is confident working on their own much of the time, but in close liaison with customer service, store colleagues and company directors close by. Because of the varied demands it would suit someone with extensive warehouse operative experience who wishes to become a 'bigger fish in a smaller pond' and is happy and capable of executing all the tasks with a smile.
• Facilitating the warehouse operation from start to finish, in to out:
Goods delivered are checked and then processed for store display, immediate shipment or stock. The 'goods in' and packing area is a tight space that needs careful managing. The warehouse space is on a number of levels and so this means lifting and carrying and saving on your gym membership :)
• Organising stock, helping booking stock in and recording new stock locations efficiently.
Our admin 'back end' linked to our website is sophisticated and stock is held in fluid locations printed on all picking notes.
• Picking and Packing orders efficiently and protectively in a timely fashion.
Some products need extra packing before they are placed with our couriers. Our wide inventory comprises big and light to small and heavy and everything in-between. We have a very low level of 'damage in transit' and wish to keep it that way. We've built up a good knowledge of what works for what and will share that, however we are always eager to learn new methods. Customers also expect their goods to be with them promptly and thus we aim to turn round and despatch all our orders promptly. The store is also replenished on a daily basis. This stock needs unpacking and pricing.
• Liaising with couriers to optimise the work flow.
Booking in deliveries and managing the day with couriers collecting at reasonably fixed times. We have excellent relationships with all third party suppliers and wish to maintain that whilst remaining in control of our day.
• Helping with ocassional local and national deliveries.
We use national and local couriers for most deliveries there are some orders which necessitate personal involvement of our team. If you are over 25 and have a clean driving licence, you will, in time, be able assist with this work and visit some of our lovely customers too.
• Improving the way we do things.
As a growing company we need to be adapting our systems and processes all of the time. You should be comfortable helping us recognise when the time is right for change and helping us to implement these changes.
• Helping us maintain and improve the way we look.
In the warehouse and the shop. We have 2 small courtyards and wish to keep them looking their best. This will become your responsibility. DIY skills can be put to work helping mount store displays.
We're looking for people with the following attributes:
• Passion for your work - for one or more of the areas we work in or simply retail itself. Perhaps you've had some recent experience that you would like to build on?
• Friendliness - pleasant to work with and able to interact with customers, colleagues, couriers, suppliers etc in a polite, positive manner, both in person AND over the phone/email (thus good standards of English grammar are expected and a good telephone 'voice').
• Flexibility - happy and willing to take on a wide variety of tasks (often at the same time) and complete them to a high standard. Occasional weekend working may be necessary at peak times, but time would be given off in lieu for this.
• Willingness to learn - able to accept change as an ongoing part of the company's growth and absorb information on our ranges of merchandise.
• Physical fitness - as the job entails lifting merchandise of all shapes sizes and weights around the shop and warehouse.
• Previous work experience - ideally some experience in the areas mentioned above - i.e warehouse, fulfilment/packing. You will be well organised and able to work neatly, speedily and safely without constant direction.
• IT skills - comfortable using with bespoke and proprietary software. Training will be given on our systems and we expect people to be able to make the most of them. Our sophisticated back-end system processes customer orders and generates picking and delivery notes along with courier labels etc. We use the metapack system to make courier choice, but you will need to recognise when the result is not right and make amendments.
• DIY skills - both in the shop and the warehouse we are constantly adding to and enhancing the displays and stock holding. Thus being quick and confident with a screwdriver and the like, would be a definite advantage to us.
We deal with a wide variety of tasks and while everybody has their specific roles, due to our small numbers, everyone must be prepared to ‘muck in’ with all aspects of customer service and order fulfilment at times. Thus help is at hand to bust through backlogs and the successful candidate will be able to recognise this and call for help when needed.
What we can offer you:
• an excellent opportunity to be part of a successful and growing local company that genuinely cares about all stakeholders.
• a full time role with on-the-job training.
• a busy, varied and interesting day with tasks changing according to the time of day and the season.
• genuine team spirit.
• staff discount.
• involvement in decision making.
• competitive salary/hourly rate for the sector/location.
• an opportunity to join in the pension scheme.
• genuine opportunities to contribute and grow with the company.
and of course, a lovely cup of tea (with biscuits) whenever you need one!
What we would like from you:
Your up to date CV with current contact details. Due to the likely volume of applicants unfortunately we cannot respond to everyone, although we will try and give feedback when requested and if time permits.
A covering email explaining why you would like a career with us and answering any obvious questions raised by your CV. Inadequate details at this stage are unlikely to progress much further.
If you have applied to us previously perhaps for another role, please feel free to re-apply, but please indicate this is a reapplication in your covering letter and perhaps, depending on the stage you got to, highlight further details you believe to be relevant, such as additional experience etc.
If you think you have these qualities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put your name and the vacancy title in the subject field.
Strictly no agencies please.