- No need to paint! With 4 great colours, a Biohort garden store would mean no hours spent painting.
- Thanks to the galvanising and enamel finish, the metal will remain durable for generations. Read more about Biohorts 20 year guarantee here.
- The steel used by Biohort will not deform, and will remain in shape for years.
- Good quality steel is good value and although the steel price can fluctuate the quality is better than ever.
- The colour of the steel remains attractive for years, and if your shed does get dirty it’s so easy to clean - even with a pressure washer!
- The hot dipped galvanised, polymide enamel coated steel used by Biohort is fireproof, in accordance with EN 13501-1 (Class “A1)
Wood can be good, but...
- Painting wood can be very time consuming - not only can it cost quite a bit of money, but it can also be rather annoying!
- Although it can be treated beforehand, when wood gets damp and particularly when it stays damp, it can begin to rot after a few years.
- Wood expands and contracts due to weather conditions and as a result doors can split and jam due to this expansion.
- Good outdoor woods like teak and oak are expensive and although the silver-grey patina they develop is natural, it is not to everyones taste.
- Painted or varnished surfaces must be repeatedly treated - if left, it can become unsightly.
- Wood burns very easily, meaning the use of wood is not advisable in areas when fire is an issue.
And thus in conclusion although wood is a good material to use in many areas (especially living space and interiors) for sheds and storage units that have to withstand the elements outdoors, all year-round, metal is clearly the better choice!